Week 6 - Week Beginning 5th October 2020
- Practise writing your name everyday.
We are learning to read and write a different letter each day:
Monday - e
Tuesday - l
Wednesday - h
Thursday - r
Friday - j
Watch the video on espresso about the letter.
Now tell your grown-up some words that start with today's sound. Finally have a go at writing the letter a few times.
Grown-ups: Every day, revisit the previous sounds that they have learnt.
This week we will continue with our 'Those Nearest and Dearest'.
- Talk to your grown-up about who your friends are in school. What are their names? What games do you like to play together? What do you do to make sure you are being a good friend? (Grown-ups: Talk to your child about the importance of sharing and turn-taking).
- Make a picture or card for one of your friends.
- Draw a picture of you and your friends.
The following books are all around the theme 'friendship'. Listen to a different story each day. Discuss the characters and events in the stories.
- Rainbow Fish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFORvXhub28&t=27s
- Pumpkin Soup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDax5kx2-Ks
- Lost and Found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAAQ8EWzig
- Mr Big https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDLsbbGXbI
Counting Activities (Please do at least one counting activity every day)
- I can count to 20 song with actions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VLxWIHRD4E
- Rally Robin counting to 20. (Adult and child face each other. Adult says 1, child says 2, adult says 3, child says 4 and so on until you get to 20)
- Every time you go upstairs, count the steps. Remember to say 1 number name for each step.
- Counting actions. Jump 10 times and count as you do it.
This week, we are learning to order objects by length or height.
Length Vocabulary: long, longer, longest, short, shorter, shortest
Height Vocabulary: Tall, taller, tallest, short, shorter, shortest.
Please choose a size activity to do each day:
- Watch the video on BBC Bitesize about length and height. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/znyyscw/articles/zkgp6v4
- Length: Ask your grown-up to cut up strips of paper for you. Put them in order from the shortest to the longest.
- Length: Find some objects around your house that you could order by length.
- Height: Choose 3 of your teddies or dolls. Place them in order from the shortest to the tallest. Which one is the shortest? Which one is the tallest?
- Height: Order the people that live in your house by height. Who is the shortest? Who is the tallest?