We have had a lovely start to our new school year! The children have settled in brilliantly and have adapted really well to the changes in school. We are aware that from time to time some of the children will have to stay at home to keep everyone safe. For this reason, home learning will now be added for you on a weekly basis. This is to ensure that your child does not miss out on the learning going on in school. If you have any questions about the home learning, please do not hesitate to contact the Reception team by phone or e-mail. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities and learning links will be uploaded every Monday for that week. This term we will be focussing on phonics, mark making, maths and topic activities. Some learning links will require a school login. We will ensure that you have these.
Please e-mail us pictures of fantastic work that your child does.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Rycroft and Miss Thompson
Week 8 - Week Beginning 19th October 2020
- Practise writing your name everyday.
We are learning to read and write a different letter each day:
Monday - i
Tuesday - n
Wednesday - p
Thursday - g
Friday - o
Watch the video on espresso about the letter.
Now tell your grown-up some words that start with today's sound. Finally have a go at writing the letter a few times.
Grown-ups: Every day, revisit the previous sounds that they have learnt.
This week we will continue with our theme 'From Head to Toe'. This theme will explore all of the amazing things our bodies can do. We will learn about our body parts and what we do to keep our bodies healthy.
- Explore the 'Ourselves' area on espresso. The videos and activities teach use about our bodies, keeping fit and eating healthy food.
- Design a healthy meal with a grown up. Think about what foods are good for us. It is ok to have a treat sometimes but only if we are eating a healthy, balanced diet.
- While you are staying at home, it would be great if you could do some exercise that can be done easily at home. So let's try some cosmic kids yoga! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhYtcadR9nw
Draw a picture of yourself thinking about your whole body from your head down to your toes. Now have a go at writing some labels. Use 'Fred talk' to help you. For example Fred talk 'leg'. This means say the sounds in order counting the sounds on your fingers. Then write the correct letters down. 'l_e_g leg'
This week's book is...
Little Red Riding Hood
- Who are the characters in the story?
- What did Little Red Riding Hood’s Mum ask her to take to Grandma?
- What did Little Red Riding Hood collect for her Grandma in the woods?
- Do you think Little Red Riding Hood should have stopped in the woods when her mum told her not to?
- What did the wolf to do Grandma?
- Who rescued Little Red Riding Hood and her Grandma?
Draw a picture of Little Red Riding Hood’s basket with some food in it for Grandma. Write a list of the items that are in the basket. Try to include some healthy food items.
- Sound out each word carefully (focus on listening for initial and final sound)
- Write down any sounds that you hear
Counting Activities (Please do at least one counting activity every day)
- I can count to 20 song with actions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VLxWIHRD4E
- Rally Robin counting to 20. (Adult and child face each other. Adult says 1, child says 2, adult says 3, child says 4 and so on until you get to 20)
- Every time you go upstairs, count the steps. Remember to say 1 number name for each step.
- Counting actions. Jump 10 times and count as you do it.
This week, we are learning to recognise and order numerals.
- Play 'Bud's Number Garden' on BBC Bitesize.
- Practise writing numbers 0-9.
- Explore the number games on espresso.