Theme - Here We Go!
This week our theme is 'Here We Go'. We will learn about different vehicles and how we travel to different places. We will learn that:
- There are many different ways that we can travel from one place to another.
- Most vehicles have wheels.
- Some vehicles travel on roads.
- Trains travel on railway tracks.
- Aeroplanes travel in the air.
- Boats travel on the water.
- Sometimes we use the power of our feet, legs and arms to travel.
- Discuss different types of transport that you have been on. Have you ever been on a bus? Where did you go? Has your grown-up ever been on an aeroplane?
- Complete a traffic survey from your window or doorstep. Count how many cars, buses, bikes and vans you see.
- Draw pictures of different types of transport. Can you write the initial sound next to each picture, e.g. c for car, b for bus.
Dig, Dig, Digging https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTyKSswicU
- Listen to the story.
- Talk about the different vehicles in the story.
- Talk about the important jobs that some of the vehicles are used for.
- Draw a picture of your favourite vehicle. Label it with the initial sound, e.g. c for car.
Whatever Next https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0XQ9YhWd_Y
- Listen to the story.
- Retell the story to a grown-up.
- What did Baby Bear use for his rocket?
- Where did Baby Bear travel to?
- Who did Baby Bear meet on his adventure?
- What did he have on his picnic?
- Make your own rocket out of a box or cushions and pretend to blast off to the moon! Don't forget to count backwards from ten to zero!
Your name is very important. It is part of who you are! It is important that you recognise your name and start to learn to write it. Ask a grown-up to write it down for you. Now have a try at forming some of the letters yourself. Practise this every day!
Please do at least one counting activity each day:
- Practise counting forwards to 10. When you are confident at counting to 10, practise counting to 20. (You might enjoy listening to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VLxWIHRD4E
- Every time you go upstairs, count the steps as you move up 1. Remember to say only one number for each step.
- Sing or listen to a range of number rhymes. You will find some on youtube or BBC Bitesize.
- 5 Little Speckled Frogs
- 5 Little Men in a Flying Saucer
- 5 Little Ducks
- 5 Currant Buns
- 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive
This week we are learning to recognise and name some 2D shapes
- Watch the videos on BBC Bitesize to help you learn the shape names:
- There are also some good shape songs on youtube.
- Now have a look at the pictures below. What shapes have been used to create the pictures?
Now, go on a shape walk around your house. What shapes can you see?
Finally, you might enjoy this episode of ‘Hey Duggee’ about shapes: