Autumn 2, Week 3
Theme - Sensational Senses
This week our theme is 'Sensational Senses’. This theme will explore our 5 senses.
- We see with our eyes.
- We hear with our ears.
- We smell with our noses.
- We taste with our tongue.
- We touch with our skin.
- Watch the videos on espresso about our senses. https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/modules/ey_sing_pretend/videos/video_senses.html?source=search-all-all-all-all&source-keywords=senses
- Feely bag/box. Ask your grown up to put an item in a box or bag. Without looking, feel inside with your hands. Can you guess what it is? Repeat this with a few items. Use some words describe what the items feel like. (soft, hard, smooth, spiky, furry)
- Put a blindfold on. Ask your grown-up to feed something to you. Can you guess what it is without looking? Use some words to describe the taste (sweet, spicy, sour)
- What smells can you smell around your house? It might be somebody cooking tea or baking a cake. It might be somebody’s perfume or aftershave. What smells do you like/dislike?
- Listen to the different sounds on this video. Can you guess what the sounds are? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Kp_J9kvNM
Peace at Last
- Retell the story to a grown-up.
- What sounds stopped Mr Bear from getting to sleep?
- Draw a picture of something that happened in the story. It could be a picture of Mr Bear trying to sleep in the garden or Baby Bear pretending to be an aeroplane.
Your name is very important. It is part of who you are! It is important that you recognise your name and start to learn to write it. Ask a grown-up to write it down for you. Now have a try at forming some of the letters yourself. Practise this every day!
Please do at least one counting activity each day:
- Practise counting forwards to 10. When you are confident at counting to 10, practise counting to 20. (You might enjoy listening to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VLxWIHRD4E
- Every time you go upstairs, count the steps as you move up 1. Remember to say only one number for each step.
- Sing or listen to a range of number rhymes. You will find some on youtube or BBC Bitesize.
- 5 Little Speckled Frogs
- 5 Little Men in a Flying Saucer
- 5 Little Ducks
- 5 Currant Buns
- 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive
This week we are learning to count sets of objects and match the correct numeral.
Grown-ups: Make your child a set of flashcards from 1-5 and then 6-10 if they are confident with 1-5.
- Collect some of your favourite teddies. Put them in a line and count them saying one number for each teddy. Find the correct numeral from your flashcards.
- Repeat this activity with different objects.
- Bud's Number Garden - This online game will help you to recognise numerals. https://www.bbc.co.uk/games/embed/education-ivor-starting-school?exitGameUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fbbc.co.uk%2Fbitesize%2Farticles%2Fzd4b382