Autumn 2, Week 2
Theme - We're Going on a Bear Hunt!
This week we are going to enjoy the story 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' and do lots of activities about the bear hunt and autumn time.
Our story this week is 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OI7fe766nk
- What different problems did the children come across on their bear hunt?
- What sound did the mud make?
- Where was the bear?
- Where did the children hide?
- What part did you think was the most fun?
- Would you be brave enough to go a bear hunt?
- Retell the story to a grown-up.
- Act out the story. You could use one of your own teddy bears as the bear!
- Draw a picture of the bear.
- Let's do some 'Bear Hunt' yoga! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAT5NiWHFIU
This week we will continue to learn about autumn time. We will be finding out about what animals do in the autumn. The children will learn that:
- Squirrels and other animals gather food and prepare for the winter during autumn.
- Some animals such as hedgehogs prepare to hibernate during autumn.
- Explore the 'Autumn' module on espresso. There are videos, photographs, stories, games and activities all about this time of year.
On Friday, it is the festival Diwali. This is a festival that Hindus celebrate. At Moston Lane we like to find out and celebrate all cultures. Have a look at the Diwali videos and activities on espresso. https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/primary_uk/subject/module/frontscreen/item864801/gradef/index.html
Diwali is also known as the 'Festival of light'.
This is a rangoli pattern. Make a picture using lots of different colours and patterns.
Your name is very important. It is part of who you are! It is important that you recognise your name and start to learn to write it. Ask a grown-up to write it down for you. Now have a try at forming some of the letters yourself. Practise this every day!
Please do at least one counting activity each day:
- Practise counting forwards to 10. When you are confident at counting to 10, practise counting to 20. (You might enjoy listening to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VLxWIHRD4E
- Every time you go upstairs, count the steps as you move up 1. Remember to say only one number for each step.
- Sing or listen to a range of number rhymes. You will find some on youtube or BBC Bitesize.
- 5 Little Speckled Frogs
- 5 Little Men in a Flying Saucer
- 5 Little Ducks
- 5 Currant Buns
- 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive
This week we are learning to recognise recognise and name 2D shape.
Watch the videos on BBC Bitesize to help you learn the shape names:
There are also some good shape songs on youtube.
Now have a look at the pictures below. What shapes have been used to create the pictures?
Now, go on a shape walk around your house. What shapes can you see?
Finally, you might enjoy this episode of ‘Hey Duggee’ about shapes: