Monday 30th March 2020
Everyday/Other reading tasks:
Try to read a story every day. You can find fun stories at different levels on this website.
Recap sounds ai, ee, igh and oa.
Read the stories in ‘On the Same Page’ and answer the questions.
Tuesday 31st March 2020
Recap sounds oo (long), oo (short), ar, or.
Complete the non-fiction reading tasks.
Wednesday 1st April 2020
Listen to Dear Dinosaur then answer the questions in full sentences in your Home Learning Book.
Remember to write and underline the date and number your questions.
1. What had Max been looking forward to?
Max had been looking forward to…
2. Which was Max’s favourite dinosaur?
Max’s favourite dinosaur was the…
3. What was the name of the museum curator?
The museum curator was called...
4. Who did Max write to?
5. What did Max think when he read T-Rex’s first letter?
6. What did Max do next?
7. How old is max?
8. Why do T-Rexes have such small hands?
9. What did the 2000-year-old mammoth knock over?
10. Name one thing Max sent to the dinosaur.
Can you draw your own dinosaur and write about what it can do. Does it have little hands or big?
Does it have spikes? What kind of teeth does it have? Does it eat meat? Is it a carnivore or herbivore?
If you want to draw a dinosaur…here’s a few ideas
If you want to draw a Gregosaurus with the author Rob Biddulph then follow this link!
You can draw with Rob everyday! Just go onto his website and pick a drawing.
Thursday 2nd April 2020
Watch the video about Jamal’s Journey.
Complete the 2 tasks (sequencing and quiz) about Jamal’s Journey.
Phase 3 phonics game.
Friday 3rd April 2020
Easter Word Challenge:
Can you make your own Easter wordsearch using these words:
APRIL, BASKET, BELIEVE, BONNET, BUNNY, CHICK, CHOCOLATE, CHRISTIAN, CHURCH, CROSS, CROWN, CRUCIFY, DECORATE, DISCIPLES, DIES, DONKEY, EASTER, EGGS, FESTIVAL, GOOD FRIDAY, HOT CROSS BUNS, JESUS, LAMB, LENT, NEW LIFE, NEST, PALMS, SPRING, SUNDAY, THORNS, TOMB
1. Draw a grid 20cm by 20cm.
2. Arrange the words how you want them.
3. Fill in the empty squares with random letters.
4. Now find all the words or challenge someone else to do it!
Easter Creative Challenge:
Illustrate the egg words with egg characters!
Eggsplode, eggsperiment, eggsplorer, eggsercise, eggsclamation mark, eggspand, eggshibit, eggstra-terrestrial
Have a lovely Easter!