Special Educational Needs
At Moston Lane we promote and celebrate the love of learning, high aspirations and standards. The school believes that everyone can achieve. However, there may become a time in your child’s education where they need some additional help or support for some or all of their time at school.
We have a highly experienced team of staff who may be involved in supporting your child at Moston Lane.
- Your child’s teacher who is responsible for your child’s learning and will ensure learning is appropriate and accessible for your child.
- Teaching Assistants who support all pupils in class. Some TAs help support groups and individual children with their learning.
- The SENCO (Kate Milnes) who is working towards the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination. Miss Milnes co-ordinates the provision of SEN in school.
- The Oasis Room staff - TAs who are trained to support children who have social, emotional or behavioural difficulties. We have a specialised environment in which the nurture group can meet and complete their sessions.
- A Family Support Worker (Paula Hilton) who can support parents who need some advice or guidance.
Manchester City Council also have an Information, Advice and Support (IAS) service that supports families of children and young people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Click on the link below for more information